Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Weeked Round Up: 2022 Lonestar GT

 It's a bit late, but I wanted to give a quick round up of the Texas Masters Lonestar GT!



Over the weekend of February, 19th, 2022 I participated in the Texas Masters Lonestar GT Age of Sigmar....GT!! The Lonestar GT is the home GT of the Dallas Defenders AoS Gaming Club here in DFW and is a part of the Texas Masters seasonal circuit. 

Over the weekend I played 5 fun games with 5 wonderful opponents and though I escaped the weekend with a measly 1-4 record (OOF!), it was a good time had by all. 


Game 1. Ironjawz (me!) vs. Hedonites of Slaanesh (Invaders)


My first opponent was against the ever lovable Dimitri Hochard (aka Frenchie) and his Lurid Haze Invaders Host army. Dimitri and I always seem to play each other in GT's and it's always a good time. It was a very tight game and in the end Dimitri pulled out the win after I foolishly piled in the wrong direction with a single hero which would have captured another objective for me! Doh!!!

It's okay, I was really out of practice and it overall a very fun game. 


Game 2. Ironjawz vs. Kruelboyz (Big Yellerz)

My second opponent was Josh Caten from...Houston???...or maybe Austin... Sorry, Josh! What a lovely opponent. I had never played against Kruelboyz and so I was pretty excited to see what was going to happen. 

Josh and I bonded a bit over fatherhood and our love for Beasts of Chaos. In the end the Ironjawz slapped the Kruelboyz pretty good and nabbed my one win of the weekend. 


Game 3. Ironjawz vs. Ogor Mawtribes (Underguts)



My third and final game of the day was against an opponent I have known for years but never had the pleasure of playing. His name is Bryan Lofton, and if you want to absolutely get your ass shot off the table by Ogors, he is the man to see! Despite the shellacking I took, Bryan and I had a wonderful game and tons of laughs. We talked about Fatherhood (huh... a trend) and his Georgie Bulldogs winning the championship. My game 3 was proof that even when you get your ass kicked, you can have a wonderful time doing it. I'd play Bryan and day of the week! though... maybe not on the Vice battleplan... big oof...


Game 4. Ironjawz vs Maggotkin of Nurgle (Munificent Wanderers)



My fourth game was against a good friend and local player Tanner Lewis. Like Bryan Lofton, Tanner and I have known eachother for a few years and have never had the opportunity to play. Well, today we corrected that course. 

I must confess, I was all smiles on day 1 and lacking sleep on day 2. I have a teething child and sleep was not achieved in the highest form. To say the least, I got a bit salty on day 2, which is not like me. So I do apologize, Tanner! I love you!

So the game started off pretty well, I had solid control of the table state and I was making my charges and rolling decently well. Where things went wrong was that his disease counters were absolutely wrecking havoc on my units. By the end of battle round 3, I didn't have much left, not because he was killing me in combat, but because the disease counters were slowly ticking my units away. 

As much as I love tanner, this was not a very fun list to play against with Ironjawz. It was rough. However, I don't fault Tanner at all for this. He brought his best list and played his best game! I just flat out got beat! Good job, Tanner!


Game 5. Ironjawz vs. Skaven (Clan Moulder)

My 5th and final game was against a gentleman by the name of Kyle Corcoran and his Clan Moulder Rat Ogor spam list. This game was a wake up call for me. I SHOULD have won this game. I was tired, I was salty, and I wasn't in the right head space. I made impetuous charges and payed for it dearly in the end. In the end it was actually a very tight game and overall it was fun, but I definitely made my job infinitely harder early in the game. Overall, solid opponent and I look forward to a rematch!!!


Weekend Wrap Up

While I went 1-4, I genuinely had a good time. Regardless of my lack of sleep, I need to work on my sportsmanship score! SORRY TANNER! 

The weekend wasn't a complete bust though! I did walk away with a Top 20 army ribbon which was freaking awesome! 

All in all, it was a great weekend and I look forward to the next GT I get to play in!


WAAAAAAGGGHHH!!!


-Couch



No comments:

Post a Comment