Friday, November 7, 2014

WH40k Battle Report - 2000pt. - Orks vs. Grey Knights




SPESS MUHREENZ!!! DA WIERD GREY WONZ!!! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Yes, Snazzletoof. We most certainley did get a chance to face the new Grey Knights last night! Man, have they changed... I have to admit that I was a little nervous going into this game. Haunting memories of facing Grey Knights in 5th edition still loomed in my pea-sized Ork brain. I had heard that the new GK wasn't anything near what it used to be. While, I agree, I think a lot of the changes were for the best. I think the new Grey Knight codex is just a complicated rubix cube that most have not solved. Long gone are the days of Matt Ward insta-gib awesomeness and auto-win buttons. The new Grey Knights need some love. Not by GW, but by the players.

Anywho, let's get down to some good ole' fashioned Orks and SPESS MUHREENZ!!!!

So, my opponent was running the Nemesis Strike Force Detachment that allows him to run and shoot with anything the Deep Strikes the turn they come in. This is only my opponents 5th game with the new Grey Knights and most likely is 5th true game since 5th edition. I'm not sure how much he actually played in 6th. 


Here are the lists.

Orks "Da Bosses" (Unbound)

Grukk Face-Rippa (Warlord)
Big Mek KFF - Big Choppa
Mek
Painboy
29 Slugga Boyz
01 Nob - PK/BP

Warboss - PK, 'Eavy Armour, TL Shoota, Attack Squig
Big Mek KFF - Dead Shiny Shoota', Big Choppa
Mek
Painboy
29 Slugga Boyz
01 Nob - PK/BP

Warboss - Headwoppa's Killachoppa, 'Eavy Armour, TL Shoota, Attack Squig
Big Mek KFF - Big Choppa
Mek - Kustom Mega Slugga, Killsaw
Painboy
29 Slugga Boyz
01 Nob - PK/BP

13 Lootas
01 Mek Boy - Rokkit Launcha

01 Traktor Kannon - Ammo Runt

01 Traktor Kannon - Ammo Runt

01 Smasha Gun - Ammo Runt

01 Smasha Gun - Ammo Runt
----------------------
1992


Nemesis Strike Force Detachment

Libby ML3 (Warlord) - Cuirass of Sacrifice

Libby - ML3
10 Terminators (combat squaded) - Falchions x2, Halberds x3, Nemesis Daemon Hammer x2, Psycannons x2

10 Terminators (combat squaded) - Falchions x2, Halberds x3, Nemesis Daemon Hammer x2, Psycannons x2
01 Stormraven - TL Assault Cannon, Multi-Melta

01 Stormraven - TL Assault Cannon, Multi-Melta

01 Nemesis Dreadknight - Nemesis Great Sword, Personal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon
01 Nemesis Dreadknight - Nemesis Great Sword, Personal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon

----------------------
2000


First of all, let me say that a few days ago I received my www.frontlinegaming.com  F.A.T. Mat and I was super excited to play on it! I have to say it's one of the coolest, most dynamic mats I have ever played on. The high definition detail really brought new life to the game. I love it! :D


My opponent decided to Deep Strike his entire army (minus his fliers) turn 1. He failed to seize, thus I had a pretty boring turn 1. It consisted of my just moving up, running and spreading out some.

In his turn he had 2 Terminator units and 2 NDK's come in. He had some really bad reserve rolls. It didn't stop there.


His NDK's both dropped in my backfield while the 2 GK units were trying to get as close to objective 1 as possible. 

Xenos identified. Exterminate.



 The boys begin funneling their way towards the Knights.

Xenos identified. Proceed with cleansing.


 Oi! Der'z da Spess Muhreenz! WAAAAGH!

 NDK unloads into the Smasha Gun on the ground and fails miserably. The NDK behind him took out one of the Traktor Kannons on the roof.

In my Turn 2, I called a WAAAGH! and moved all my stuff up the board towards the Terminators nad NDK's. My Lootas unloaded into the NDK in the back and brought him down to 1 wound. The Smasha Gun finished him off. KAPOW!!!

Da Bad Moons successfully charge the first Terminator unit. WAAAGH!!!

One Terminator survives and flees around the other units. The Boyz consolidate towards the next unit.

The unpainted (soon to be Goff Boyz) backtrack through terrain to try and get an assault on the last NDK.

annnnnnd failed the charge by 1. Herp derp. 

At the bottom of the turn, the first Raven came in as well as his non-warlord Libby unit. He cast Vortex of Doom on the Boyz unit and scattered onto the Smasha Gun removing it from play with a roll of a 6. Ouch! He began concentrating his fire into Grukk's unit who failed their charge on the NDK. 

OUCH! BOSS, DEY IS SHOOTIN' US!!! ARRGGGHHH!!!

Meanwhile on the other side of the table....

KRUMP! KRUMP!! KRUMP!!!

!!!IMPERIAL RECORDS MISSING!!!

So I forgot to take a few pictures. Essentially the Hurricane Bolter Raven that lit up Grukk's unit took a glance to the face from the lone Traktor Kannon, immobilizing it. That raven was forced to fly 36" straight off the table. On his next turn, the other Raven (without hurricane bolters) came in. 

Evil Sunz Boyz moved up to krump the Libby squad and did so with haste.

The NDK failed to kill my Big Mek in a challenge and I managed to finnaly get some wounds on him. His NDK invul saves were out of the world. Our first round of combat, he saved 6 Power Klaw wounds, WITHOUT SANCTUARY. It was rather impressive.

Warlords unit attempts to Deep Strike near the objective coin only to mishap. I was able to place them so I placed them close enough to the coin to get it but still in range of my boyz mob. He was having such a bad game as it was, I didn't want to mishap corner place his unit. I wanted to give him the opportunity but still work for it.

Oi! DEYZ OVUR THERE! 


MORE RIDICULOUS INVUL SAVES! Grukk's and his personal Nob just can't seem to get through this NDK!!! 

At this point the Grey Knights accepted their fate and we decided to call it. A mix of some questionable tactics (according to him) and some blatant horrible dice rolling really made it a one sided game. Since Grey Knights would NEVER retreat, we decided that a Daemon Rift opened up nearby and they had to deuce out to take care of it. Forging the narrative! Woo!!

Holy cow, I am pasty...

MVP of the Game: This Loota. His name is Terry. He likes to party and is a daredevil. As you can see he likes to defy physics. 


WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!


3 comments:

  1. It was a fun game though!!!

    But fear not... or do

    The Grey Knights will return...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear your Grey Knights have a new owner and that The Court Jesters of the Webway will hit the table soon...

      Delete