Thursday, July 12, 2012

WIP: Bitz Building a Boom Gun!

Bitz building with Orks is like a dream come true. No matter how hard you try to copy someones idea, it NEVER looks anything like the original in the end. With that being said, I took some inspiration from le internets and went crazy!


I have been running a Looted Wagon with a Boom Gun for a few months now but I have never gotten around to actually building the Boom Gun it'self. I've always toyed with the idea of using my...

back up...

When I first got into 40k, I started with Necrons. I built up a solid 2000 point army and realized how much I didn't enjoy playing them. Almost to the point of not wanting to play 40k. Before I gave it all up and went back to Fantasy 100%, I decided to sell off my Necrons and tap into my green blood. I play Orcs & Goblins in fantasy and love them more than hot knives love cold butter. This was easily the best decision I ever made as a wargamer. With that I decided to use a lot of the Necron materials I never managed to sell as looted bits for my Orks.

I designed my own Ork Klan known as the Junka Boyz who are basically an offshoot of Bad Moons and some lost roots in Death Skulls.  Along the way I strip every Necron bit I have and throw in and around my army. Cron heads can often be found beneath feet (little easter eggs), exploded shrapnil bits beneath feat, and of course using an Doomsday Ark cannon as your Boom Gun! ;)

Let's take a look at the process!

 Here's my Looted Wagon in 3/4 her glory. I often run this looted IG Hellhound as a Burna Wagon and have a Warboss with a Powerklaw in the Skorcha turret (he's purely cosmetic).

i started building the howda from leftover pieces of the hellhound and something I got from a CSM player a while back.

Slap some looted orky stuff on the front to eliminate the big black space.

Here's the back end. That back flap actually doesn't make the cut.

Here's the Boom Gun itself! Slapped a shaved down Hellhound barrel underneath as a mount.

Just place her right in there...annnnnd.

Boarding planks on the sides to hold the Boom Gun unit in place.

Since the Junka Boyz are an offshoot of the Bad Moons, they are proudly flying the Baddest Moon Banner of them all.


Alright, let's take a look at the finished product!


Tank Kommanda Kromgah




*gulp*


Annnnnd the finished product...







WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment